We are looking for a Deputy Room Leader to cover Maternity Leave in our Adventurers Room at Jump Start Nursery. Together with the Room Leader the Deputy Room Leader will be able to take a lead role in the delivery of high quality care and education within the Early Years Framework (EYFS).
This post is for 37 hours per week (all year round).
Fixed term for: 12 months to cover maternity leave, with the possibility of extension.
Interview date: To be confirmed
For an informal discussion, please contact Laura Howe - Nursery Manager on 01273 290458
About the role
The successful candidate will be able to:-
- Demonstrate experience of working with children from birth to 5 year olds.
- Follow and work within the EYFS.
- Ensure that there is a high quality, stimulating environment which fosters curiosity and encourages creativity and independence in a learning through play environment.
- Organise and participate in the key person system and form good attachments with their key children and their parents.
- Support colleagues to complete on-going observation, assessment and planning and share information with parents to support continual learning and development and continuity of care for the children.
- Work in partnership with parents and carers and other Early Years Professionals.
***Important Information to Candidates***
As part of the application process we require you to answer some additional questions to support your application called 'Branching Questions'. These questions form part of the online application process, accessed via the 'Apply' button.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.