‘Love and Justice for All’
Head teacher: Guilden Sutton Church of England Primary School.
Required date: To start 1st September 2021
L15 - L21 the salary starting point will be agreed on appointment.
Full Time: Permanent post.
The Governing Board is seeking to appoint a new head teacher to
Guilden Sutton Church of England Primary School, Guilden Sutton, Chester.
We believe that this is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated candidate to build upon the continued success achieved over the years. They must be prepared to share our vision of excellence and be committed to providing a high quality, broad and enriching educational experience for all pupils, within our strong family ethos, based on Christian principles.
Guilden Sutton C of E Primary School is situated in the heart of a thriving semi-rural village on the outskirts of Chester. The school is a Group 2 school with 214 pupils on roll and operates with classes of 30 pupils. Staff and pupils strive hard to make every child matter in providing a safe, happy environment all underpinned by our Christian ethos. There is a very strong relationship with our local church and support from that community and our Rector, in which all faiths are also recognised and celebrated.
We work hard to ensure that every opportunity is created for the children to fulfil their full potential by supporting them in any way within school, in extracurricular activities or within the community.
For further details of the many aspects of life in Guilden Sutton School please visit our website, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are seeking to appoint a head teacher who has:
- Energy and vision to develop the school’s excellent academic achievements.
- Commitment to education based on Christian ethos and principles.
- Experience and ability to develop excellent school management which will ensure continuing staff development, sound governance and effective budget control.
- Proven leadership skills with which to motivate and inspire our children, staff and community.
What we can offer you:
- An inclusive, progressive school with a track record of strong academic success.
- A high standard of teaching and learning, supplemented by a variety of extra-curricular and enrichment opportunities.
- A dedicated, committed and caring team of outstanding practitioners.
- A happy, friendly, well behaved and hardworking cohort of children who are proud of their school.
- An engaged, supportive and proactive Board of Governors and vibrant Trustees.
How to apply
Application forms and further details can be obtained from and returned to: The School Governance Team, e-mail: email@example.com
The supporting statement should be written in Ariel font size 12 and should be no longer than three sides of A4.
Closing date: 12 noon on 3rd March 2021
Interview dates: 24th and 25th March 2021
These dates are subject to change if necessary due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Due to current restrictions we cannot arrange any pre application visits but hope to offer shortlisted candidates the chance to visit the school and be shown round by the current head.
Guilden Sutton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment. Successful candidates would be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.