Here at West Sussex County Council, we pride ourselves on our diverse organisation that provides services to more than 850,000 residents every day. The Human Resources and Organisational Change Directorate provides critical support functions to our services, relentlessly focusing on delivering better and cost-effective outcomes. Our teams use their experience to enable and challenge the Council to deliver improved efficiency and effectiveness.
The Learning & Development Team provide an extensive range of Learning & Development solutions to West Sussex County Council staff including Adults Services, Children's Services, Corporate Services and the Private, Voluntary and Independent Adult Social Care Sector within West Sussex.
For more information, please visit our dedicated website.
About The Job
Salary: £18,562- £18,933
Working Pattern: Full-time
Contract Length: 18 months
Interview Date: 2 & 3 March 2021 (Microsoft Teams)
Here at West Sussex County Council, what we do changes lives.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-regarded, forward thinking and supportive L&D team. This is the perfect role to establish or develop a career in L&D through completing an Apprenticeship and progressing to higher level qualifications if you choose to.
To thrive in this role, you will need a keen interest in learning and design with creative and design skills.
You will complete a Junior Content Producer Apprenticeship which will support and enable you to produce interactive and engaging learning solutions, such as online learning modules, videos, infographics, graphics and marketing materials.
You will have a positive, can-do attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow. Your apprenticeship will be a flexible role where you will work alongside colleagues to provide a customer focused service to others.
You will need the drive and commitment to complete all your assignments/projects to achieve your Junior Content Producer Apprenticeship, and present evidence for assessment within specified timeframes.
If you have excellent IT skills, an aptitude for creative problem solving and a strong desire to learn and grow, this could be the role for you!
Experience and Skills
- Ability to plan for and meet deadlines and use initiative to complete varied tasks.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills when dealing with customers, stakeholders and colleagues.
- Ability to work as part of a team to provide a co-ordinated service to others.
- Creative ability to be able to design and create a range of engaging content.
- Excellent IT Skills
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Five GCSE passes at grade C or above (ideally including English and Maths) or equivalent vocational qualification, for example, Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship (you will need to provide evidence of your GCSEs grades including English and Maths).
- A GCSE qualification or some experience in art or design or creative area evidenced by either a qualification or examples of work.
- Working with others to deliver a goal is desirable, either in a job or an extra-curricular activity (e.g. Duke of Edinburgh).
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
In addition to working within a great team and a brilliant opportunity to start your Learning and Development career you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- 23 days annual leave + bank holidays
- A generous pension scheme
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.