Deputy Head - Brookfield House Campus
The Lime Trust is looking for a Deputy Headteacher to join their leadership team. The Lime Trust consists of 8 schools, 4 Special and 4 Primary in Cambridgeshire and North and East London.
This post is for a Deputy Headteacher to work in Lime Academy Hornbeam, a special school in the London Borough of Waltham Forest for children with learning difficulties, physical impairment, sensory impairment, ASC and SEMH aged from 2-19. This post will be based at the Brookfield House Campus based on the edge of Highams Park.
The salary for this post is Leadership range L12-L16 (Outer London)
The Lime Trust’s vision is to provide high quality education for pupils through school to school collaboration and Trust direction, high challenge and high support. All schools in the Lime Trust strive to improve life chances for all and respected in their local communities.
The Lime Way:
- Always working to be brilliant
- Putting children first
- Setting the standard
- Building capacity rich schools
The Values we embed in our schools are:
- Communication (a voice for all)
The successful candidate will work as part of the leadership team to drive school improvement, promote best practice and contribute to the aims and ethos of the Trust. Candidates should be inspiring leaders as well as outstanding practitioners who can motivate manage and build effective teams. You should share our values and be passionate about creating an environment that supports personalised learning and that prepares our pupils for the next stage in their life.
We are looking for a leader who can demonstrate:
- Excellent leadership, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent classroom practice, effectively meeting individual needs
- The desire and experience to take a lead role within our school
- A clear understanding of the SEND Code of Practice and experience of working with children with a range of complex needs
- A commitment to ensuring all pupils achieve their full potential
- High expectations of themself and others
- Experience of leading change and improvement across the school
We are looking forward to hearing from experienced leaders who want to take the next step into Senior Leadership. This is a post that has a high level of challenge but that also offers a high level of reward and where you will be able to make a difference. You will be part of a dedicated team and will be given support to develop to your full potential both in this role and beyond.
The Trust provides a strong culture of collaboration, support and development, together with high expectations for staff and pupils alike. Benefits include:
- A welcoming and supportive team
- Hardworking, motivated, supportive colleagues and leadership teams
- Employee assistance programme
- CPD opportunities, including support with external courses for career development
- Enhanced maternity leave benefits
- National pay rates
- Cycle to work scheme
Closing date: 12 March 2021
Shortlisting: 15 March 2021
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Beth Billington Headteacher via the school office to arrange a visit on 0208 503 2225.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check). References will be taken up before appointment.