We are looking for a Commissioning Specialist to join our team working across adult and children’s services to improve quality and deliver better outcomes.
Within this role you will be one of the key members of our contract monitoring and quality assurance team, taking lead responsibility for monitoring and quality assurance of services we commission.
Working closely with colleagues, providers and service users you will collate information and intelligence to inform safeguarding, contract management and strategic commissioning decisions. Day to day activities will involve producing monitoring reports and identifying areas of underperformance. You will regularly visit and engage providers and support the team to collate user feedback. You will work with providers to drive quality improvements for service users. This vital work ensures that our providers and services continue to deliver the best outcomes for our local communities.
This post will report to our Category Managers and will, in addition:
- Help to build a new commissioning function and develop an excellent framework for commissioning practice
- Enable the development of provider markets
- Develop the strategic partnership with providers
- Maintain effective oversight of the quality of the services offered by providers in order to ensure continuous improvement
- Develop the partnership with social care operational managers and ensure that services are meeting expected outcomes
This is an opportunity to build and develop commissioning and partnership development skills.
The successful candidate will have good experience in social care commissioning in adults or children’s services, ideally with experience of quality assurance.
You will need to be able to travel within the borough and beyond to carry out monitoring visits and QA inspections as part of the role.
Closing date: 11pm, 7th March 2021
Interview date: TBC
For an informal discussion, please contact: John Mythen - firstname.lastname@example.org