The Governors of St Edward’s Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint a part-time teacher in a Reception / Year 1 class. This is initially a temporary contract of two days (Thursday and Friday) until 31st August 2022 but there may be scope to become permanent.
The start date is Monday 7th June 2021 - if possible or 1st September 2021.
The successful candidate will be:
- An outstanding and caring classroom teacher with high expectations of children’s achievement and behaviour.
- Knowledgeable and up to date with current educational practice.
- A strong team player who is able to form excellent relationships with children, parents and staff.
- Enthusiastic and creative.
- Sympathetic and supportive of our strong Catholic ethos.
- Excellent, dedicated and hardworking staff who work as a team.
- A friendly, family orientated and happy school with an ethos that values the contribution of everyone.
- Enthusiastic and well behaved children who enjoy learning.
- A supportive Governing Body and parents.
- A commitment to continuous Professional Development.
Visits to the school may not be possible depending on the lockdown position in the country and in Halton. Please telephone the school however to check, and to discuss the role.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 26th February 2021
Shortlisting will Monday 8th March and interviews will be held during the week beginning 22nd March 2021.
St Edward’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants and the successful applicant will need to provide evidence of their Identity and Right to Work in the UK.