Due to an increase in numbers, Oak View Academy are looking to appoint a nurturing and caring support assistant to join our team in EYFS, to support us to meet the varied needs of children within Little Acorns - 2 year olds. This position is a part-time (15 hrs) temporary position, 9am - 12 noon Monday to Friday. It is important that the right person is available to start in 8th March 2021.
Why work for Oak View
Our school has improved immeasurably over the last 5 years and we are incredibly proud of the progress made. In March 2017 we were graded as being a ‘good’ school through Ofsted. We have lower than average class sizes and our focus is on the wellbeing of the children we support as well as their education. We encompass a holistic approach to the curriculum and offer our students opportunities many other schools can’t. Examples of this are residential visits, free-swimming lessons and a free breakfast club. Our curriculum is more than just learning!
We are a warm and welcoming team. We have a well-established Senior Leadership Team who are understanding and caring, not only about our children but our staff. Our staff are given an additional day’s holiday for Birthdays which can be taken during term time. A good work life balance is fundamental to our staff’s well being and as a result our success.
As part of the North West Academies Trust we can offer fantastic opportunities for CPD and career development. Only recently our Deputy was appointed as Head at another school and we are always looking to promote from within when possible.
What we are looking for
Due to the demographic of the school, some of our children show challenging behaviour from time to time. As such, someone with an understanding nature and good behaviour management skills is desirable. However, there is plenty of support in place from the senior leadership team. As a forward-thinking school, we also have a culture of continuous improvement. As a member of our team, any ideas you have will be welcomed as we believe our staff are the most important element in us offering the best education for our children.
This is a fantastic time to join Oak View Academy. If you have any questions or would like to arrange a visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To join us and be successful, you will need to:
- Work well within the EYFS team
- Have a relevant level 2 EYFS qualification
- Have a calm, understanding nature
- Be able to work alongside our youngest and most vulnerable pupils
- Be willing to be directed and to use initiative
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas police check (if applicable) and professional reference checks.If you have the necessary skills and attributes to be a successful staff member in our school, we would like to hear from you. The closing date is noon on Monday 11th January 2021, noon. The application form can be found on our website www.oak-view-academy.co.uk