Digital and ICT Delivery Lead
Full time 37 hour
£60,004 - £74,905
There has never been a better or more exciting time to join Reading Borough Council’s Digital and ICT team.
We are strengthening and expanding the team as we move to a new, multi-supplier operating model designed to make the best use of Digital and ICT capabilities, now and in the future, to enable our internal and external customers to deliver services of critical importance to the citizens and businesses of Reading. The team will oversee the delivery and ongoing evolution of services from specialist suppliers, making sure that the overall service meets our customers’ needs, is well integrated, high-performing and secure.
Simultaneously, we are working with the wider business and external stakeholders to develop the organisation’s digital transformation strategy. The team will be at the heart of turning that strategy into reality.
Why work in Reading
Reading is a Digital and ICT city
About the role
As Delivery Lead reporting directly to the Chief Digital and Information Officer, you will manage the relationship between the Digital and ICT team and the wider business, and lead delivery of a wide project portfolio of projects ranging from strategy implementation to the meeting of urgent operational needs. Core to this role is the ability to work in partnership with the business and understand its needs and opportunities, and to translate that understanding into a delivery programme with suppliers.
- Extensive experience of leading large multi-stream programmes in complex, multiple stakeholder, matrix managed technology environments with multiple suppliers.
- Significant knowledge and experience of enterprise ICT with experience of the Public Sector.
- Knowledge and expertise of shaping programmes and projects utilising a variety of delivery frameworks, methodologies and tools.
- Experience delivering projects in an outsourced environment, liaising with multiple business units, conflicting priorities and projects (both internal and external service providers and suppliers) at the same time.
- Experience of managing relationships to deliver complex projects to budget and on time.
- Understanding of design thinking and agile methods, and experience of applying them in project delivery
- Subject Matter Expert in delivery, planning, scheduling and budget management, balancing commercial expectations with risk and reputation impact
- Proven experience and capability to operate within agreed budget level and minimising costs and driving efficiencies.
- Demonstrates business and resource planning, using techniques to support projects, tenders, and business case
- The post holder can demonstrate skills in Risk Management ensuring risks are appropriately identified and mitigated.
- Proven experience of engaging at all levels, both internally and with suppliers, achieving required outcomes through influence and persuasion, as well as through direct line authority.
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral, customer focussed, team-worker, who is a flexible, adaptable, problem solver and able to work systematically and with little direct supervision.
- Proven experience of developing and delivering transformation programmes in similar sized & complex organisations.
- Proven experience of managing staff in a matrix structure through significant organisational, structural and technology change
- Proven knowledge and experience of delivering projects into an ITIL support framework.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 28th February
Interview Date: tbc
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.