Star Lane, Canning Town, London, E16 4NH
Tel: 020 7476 5336
This is a rare opportunity to work at an innovative and inspiring school that values the role it plays in the holistic education of our pupils. We are a community focussed school looking to recruit excellent teachers from all phases. NQT’s welcome to apply. September 2021 starts available for teachers with excellent subject knowledge and expertise.
Star Primary School is a vibrant multi-cultural school committed to excellent educational provision. We deliver a Rights Based Curriculum with an extensive enrichment offer. Our school community has a strong ethos and shared vision, which lay the foundations for excellence in teaching and learning. Staff wellbeing is high on the priority list.
At Star we offer:
- Alternative working hours (7:50am – 2pm teaching time) to promote staff wellbeing.
- A new on-sight day-care centre with staff discount and priority places for under 3’s
- Small class sizes in EYFS, KS1 and most KS2 classes (no more than 23 pupils.)
- Very well staffed EYFS and KS1 provision
- Excellent transport links (Star Lane DLR station, 276 bus route and close to tube)
- Opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning
- Established support network from SLT and other teachers within the school
- High levels of mentoring and support for newly qualified teachers
- Excellent CPD opportunities, including lesson study cycles
- An employee assistance programme, SAS which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
- Inspiring playground and excellent facilities that reflect our holistic ethos and school values
- Innovative curriculum approaches such as Maths No Problem and Thinking Schools
- Focus on devloping the whole child through a happy centred school curriculum
- Specialist teachers for sports and music
- A well-established staff wellbeing programme
What you will need to succeed:
- Be able to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge
- Passion for teaching and learning seen through excellent practise, a strong classroom presence and a love of learning.
- Positive outlook and interpersonal skills – be willing to embrace change
- High expectations of yourself and the children
Visits to the school are very much encouraged. Please make an appointment to visit the school through the school office.
CV’s will not be accepted. Accompanying statements should outline candidate’s curriculum passion and expertise.
Visits to the school are welcomed and they will be scheduled in line with COVID safety measures.
Closing Date: 12th March 2021
Interviews to be held on the 17th and 18th March 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check. All positions are temporary for the first year with a 6 month review period.