Brighter Futures for Children
Full Time, Permanent
Brighter futures for Children is seeking a highly-skilled, motivated and experienced Assistant Home Manager for a Residential Children’s Home-based in Reading Berkshire.
Pinecroft Residential Children’s Home supports young people with profound and multiple learning and/or physical disabilities, and sensory impairments aged 8 to 18 years old.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a reputable and growing Children’s Services provider and to work in a home rated Outstanding by Ofsted!
This position would suit someone who is currently working as a Team Leader or Deputy Manager in a Children's Service with at least 18 months experience of leading a team and looking for career progression.
Minimum Requirements for this role are:
- Level 4 Diploma in childcare or equivalent professional qualification
- An undertaking to complete a relevant management qualification
- Experience in residential or short break care services
- Experience of working in the area of disability
- Experience working with Social Services and Families
- Experience of effective risk assessment and risk management
- Experience of supervising and managing a direct line team
- Experience of the legal and social care policy framework
- Experience of quality performance and auditing systems
Assistant Home Manager Job Purpose
- Assist Registered Home Manager in delivering a specialist service (e.g. residential or short break) over a 24-hr period, to children and young people with profound and multiple learning/physical disabilities and sensory impairments, in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Under the direction of the Registered Home Manager, give strong clear and informed leadership, supervision and general management to motivate a team of Residential Child Care Practitioners, enabling them to support and empower young people through high standards of professional practice.
- To support the team to provide positive outcomes for children/young people and their families.
- Under the direction and in the absence of the Registered Home Manager, to take responsibility for the efficient and effective operation of the home, ensuring that all BFfC systems, policies and procedures are adhered to
- We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
- A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 25 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
To arrange a confidential discussion on this position please contact Helena.Baptista@brighterfuturesforchildren.org
Closing Date: 28th February 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change.
Brighter Futures for Children is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.