Brighter Futures for Children
37 hours per week, 12 month contract
Some flexible working required depending on service needs
Brighter Futures for Children is an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services to children and families in Reading.
The family worker will work as part of an Early Help team providing effective family support interventions. You will provide support to a caseload of families to achieve positive outcomes.
The role is busy and varied and includes:
- To work with the whole family and partners to assess the needs within the household and acknowledge those of the extended family.
- To deliver evidence based interventions with families including direct work with children and young people
- To adopt a key worker/lead Professional approach in order to develop, coordinate and deliver outcome focussed plans. This will include:
To work with families who exhibit a range of challenges and who may resist engagement – there may be a requirement to work intensively over a period of time with some families. This will include families stepping down from CSC statutory services, via CSPoA and some joint work with CSC.
To apply a challenge and support approach to working with families.
Liaise effectively and work with universal, targeted and statutory services and partners where appropriate eg schools, children’s Social Care, voluntary orgs etc.
- Organising, chairing and/or attending multi-agency Team Around the Child/family meetings in order to ensure a partnership approach to engaging and supporting families.
- Reviewing action plans and ensure these are timely and plans are SMART
You should have previous experience working with children, young people and their families and ideally have knowledge of child development.
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Tracey Fuller
Closing date for applications is:- 24.2.21
Shortlisting date:- 25.2.21
Interview dates:- 10.3.21 and 11.3.21