Working for us at West Sussex County Council is all about making a positive difference to the people of West Sussex.
This is a great opportunity for you to join us working as part of our Area Operations Team in Adult Services. Where you will combine support planning, brokerage and purchasing to form a discreet function which will assist people who require care and support to remain independently in their own home, to work out what their choices and options are in setting up the support required to meet their assessed needs and outcomes.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, why not join us and let's make a difference to our communities together!
About The Job
Salary: Grade 7 £23,080 to £25,481
Working Pattern: Full time, 37 hours
Contract Length: Fixed term, 30 June 2021
Location(s): Bognor Regis, Horsham and Worthing
In this exciting opportunity you will work in partnership with customers and their families / carers to identify and deliver the services and opportunities needed, to agree and implement their choices in meeting their eligible needs and assessed outcomes.
You will give proportionate support to customers to increase their choice and control in meeting their assessed outcomes in the way they choose to do so. This may include residential and respite / short stay placements, non-residential services, community support and assisting with planning for carers.
To be qualified for this role, you will possess good verbal communication and interpersonal skills as you will be required to communicate in English with members of the public; interact with a range of clients and create effective working relationships with them.
You are expected to use your own initiative to organise your workload and respond to unanticipated problems. As a high pressured, fast paced environment, you will be required to be able to focus all day in order to determine the level and type of support needed by the customer in planning care and support services that enable them to be as independent as possible.
You will have knowledge of local and community-based services and approaches that may support people to utilise their strengths to maintain or improve levels of independence. You will need to understand various organisational policies, procedures and systems and be able to apply these in planning support and sourcing services.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to organise/prioritise work, co-ordinate a variety of tasks in a clear and logical way and meet agreed deadlines.
- Sound problem solving skills with the ability to analyse complex issues and diagnose business solutions, making logical and rational decisions based on all information available.
- Ability to present information clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that promote understanding, either verbally or in written/electronic form
- Ability to interpret varied and complex information to produce high quality documents with minimal guidance.
- Ability to design and take the lead on initiatives.
- Sound and accurate IT skills including a good working knowledge of Word and Excel (or equivalent packages) for the integral use of word processing, data processing, report writing and maintaining computer databases at a high level.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- NVQ level 3 in a relevant subject or equivalent qualification or experience, demonstrating the same level of applied knowledge in researching, analysing and evaluating arguments and information.
- Sound and accurate IT knowledge e.g. Microsoft Office, in order to produce written reports.
- Significant experience of working within a related discipline.
- Experience of monitoring costs effectively.
- Experience of working in partnership with external bodies, volunteers or agencies.
- Demonstrable experience of managing initiatives and effectively managing resources to deliver those initiatives, as well as an understanding of project management/control techniques.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually.
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme.
- A range of flexible working options.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE02997 .
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact David Abbott, Support Broker Team Manager on 03302 227 126. For issues or queries regarding your application please contact .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!