Salary: £14,353 Per Year
7.00am to 9.30am and 3.00pm to 6.00pm Mon-Fri (5.5 hours per day) - (Total 27.5 hours per week)
New Christ Church Primary School (a member of Berkshire Schools Trust), is a one form entry Primary, just outside Reading town centre.
A vacancy has arose for a caretaker (all year round contract) to support the operations of the school site, perform Health & Safety statutory testing and carry out proactive and reactive premises improvements.
We are a small Church of England School with a family feel. We are very proud of our school and its history of providing high quality education.
We are looking for a Caretaker to work all year round on split shifts, who is passionate about ensuring the best learning environment for our pupils.
Range of duties include:
- Security of premises;
- General proactive and reactive maintenance tasks;
- Porterage duties;
- Health and safety statutory checks;
- Promoting the highest standards within the school and ensure the most cost effective use of resources.
- have a flexible approach to work
- evidence good level of spoken and written English language
- have the ability to work positively with a variety of different people
- the ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
- the desire to work in a primary school
- have experience of a similar role (desirable)
- Knowledge of H&S expectations (desirable)
- Experience of building maintenance/decorating (desirable)
We can offer:
- a welcoming and caring ethos
- a chance to play a significant part in the continuing development of our school
- ongoing support from an experienced Trust Central Team
- a Multi-Academy Trust who are community led and are committed to developing and retaining high quality staff
- Access to a free Staff Wellbeing Package including 24/7 online GP appointments and counselling services
Due to safer recruitment processes only completed application forms and criminal declaration of convictions are accepted as valid applications. CVs / online applications are not accepted and will not be responded to.
To download an application pack please visit Berkshire Schools Trust - Caretaker required. (www.berkshireschoolstrust.org)
For more information about the role please contact Natasha Kirby, Trust Operations Manager on 07538 539 690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Please leave a message during half term 15-19 February 2021)
The successful applicant will require an enhanced DBS certificate.