The Lifelong Services Adults' Western team supports people who have lifelong disabilities, learning disability, physical or sensory disability, autism and acquired brain injury.
We aim to:
- Offer early intervention.
- Build on an individual's strengths to develop skills and independence.
- Build and promote links with the individual's community.
- Promote and maintain safety and good health.
- Facilitate employment.
About The Job
Salary: Grade 9 £29,577 to £32,234
Working Pattern: Full time, 37 hours
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Bognor Regis
The positions are based in Bognor Regis which covers the Western part of the county, however you may be required to work with people in other areas of West Sussex and out of county as necessary. This will include locations not easily accessible by public transport, therefore a full, valid driving license is required, and access to a vehicle for business use.
As a Social Worker your role will include working in partnership with adults, their families and carers to understand what they want to achieve, their needs, and clear agreed actions to support good outcomes. You will also be working with other professionals and organisations and develop positive collaborative relationships.
Experience and Skills
- Strong assessment and communication skills.
- Up to date theoretical, practical and procedural knowledge of social work. Applied working knowledge of legislation relevant to the specialist area of the post e.g. The Care Act and the Mental Capacity Act.
- Good understanding of the necessity of working with partnership agencies including health, housing, education, statutory, voluntary and independent sector.
- Risk management assessment skills and demonstrate evidence of effectively prioritising work and meeting deadlines.
- Experience of working in partnership with those who access or need services and maintaining a focus on the needs of the individual whilst handling conflict and disagreement.
- Experience of forming effective working relationships within a multi-agency/multidisciplinary setting.
- If you have a person-centred approach, are creative and enjoy helping people to be empowered to take control of their lives, and understand how communities and networks can support people, then we would love to hear from you.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Degree in relevant professional or equivalent qualification e.g. Certificate of Qualification in Social Work or Diploma in Social Work.
- Registration with the relevant professional registration body and responsibility for
maintaining registration with that body.
- Valid, full driving licence.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE02958 .
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Paul Rogers | Team Manager on 03302 228 778. For issues or queries regarding your application please contact .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to Social Worker England registration, an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!