We found Sam a foster family. Now he’s finding his feet.
We want to help our most vulnerable residents to get their lives firmly on track. It’s why our social workers have the time to get to know everyone they work with. We’re working towards protected caseloads. And we do what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done. Put simply, we change lives for the better.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our team…
The Family Placement Team is a small but very supportive team. The work we do can be challenging and we understand the importance of peer support and advice.
We work closely together and alongside the children’s social workers to ensure that we are providing the best support to our vulnerable children.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To supervise, support and challenge Social workers, Senior practioners and Family workers to enable them to support foster carers and young people appropriately.
- To oversea and manage the recruitment and assessment process of Foster Carers, Private Foster carers and Special Guardians to enable more of our vulnerable children to be placed in local placements, near to their family and friends.
- To provide regular reports to senior managers of the activity of the Family Placement Team and ensure that the team is working within statutory guidelines.
- To manage the placement process when young people need to live with families that are not their parents.
The benefits you will experience are…
- A comprehensive induction and excellent ongoing training programme.
- Range of benefit choices including buying & selling annual leave, shopping vouchers and reduced gym membership.
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We are seeking an experienced Social Work England registered social worker with good supervisory and management skills. You will have a good knowledge of relevant child care legislation as well as well as Fostering regulations and guidelines. You will be able to work well with professionals and have the drive to provide a quality service for children, young people and their families.
Interviews will be held on 11/03/2021.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
If you would like to know more about this excellent opportunity please contact Peter Hodges, Life Chances Head of Service or Clare Glennerster, Team Manager on 01344 352020.
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.