Are you passionate about providing residents and local businesses with seamless, intuitive digital customer experiences? This is something we are fully committed to at Tunbridge Wells and the role of Digital Services Developer is key to delivering that commitment.
As our Digital Services Developer, you will work across a range of digital projects and service optimisation improvements. You will adhere to development standards and ensure high quality processes, code and integrations are delivered in line with service and customer goals.
Day-to-day you will be responsible for the delivery of accessible services by designing, building, adapting, and maintaining digital services, solving technical problems, and continually looking for ways to improve efficiency and experience using new tools and techniques. Above all, you want to make Tunbridge Wells better, which may sometimes involve challenging the status quo.
Your skills and experience will be key to placing the customer at the heart of service design, whilst your excellent interpersonal and communication skills will be essential to bringing others along the journey.
For you to be successful in this role you will need to be able to work collaboratively with a wide range of different stakeholders at all levels and be adept at steering a course through changing organisational priorities.
If you have energy and passion and believe in our vision that all services that can be delivered digitally should be delivered digitally, then this is the job for you.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent knowledge and experience developing digital services and processes, ideally using Firmstep (Granicus) software, including Self, Service, Dash, Mobile and Forms.
- A strong background of developing website components using a content management system.
- Experience of using database structured query language (SQL).
- An understanding of software design principles and working in an agile environment, ideally having worked on projects and services previously as a member of an agile team.
- Experienced and skilled at communicating reasoning, ideas and technical problems using non-technical language.
- Proactive and results-oriented, creative, and innovative in finding solutions to complex problems.
If this sounds like your kind of role, we would love to hear from you.
Additional benefits for this post include 24 days annual leave (increasing to 27 days after 5 years continuous Local Government service), membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, as well as invaluable training opportunities for continuing professional development.
To find out more take a look at the Job Description and Person Specification below. For an informal discussion about this post, you can contact Andy Sturtivant, Digital Services Team Manager, on 01892 554212 or email@example.com.
Our competency framework describes what is expected from our employees in terms of attitudes and behaviors - https://www.tunbridgewells.gov.uk/council/jobs/competency-framework.
To stay up to date with our latest vacancies and what it is like to work here you can follow us on twitter @TWBC_Jobs and LinkedIn @TWellsCouncil.
Interview Date: Friday, 19 March 2021