At Newham Council, we pride ourselves on being an innovative organisation and we are committed to and champion equality and diversity in all aspects of employment with the London Borough of Newham. All employees are expected to understand and promote our Equality and Diversity Policy in the course of their work. All employees are expected to understand and promote good Health and Safety practices and manage risks appropriately.
The Overall purpose of this role is to:
Provide assistance to the Housing Project Officer to deliver a wide range of housing relating projects within Works Commissioning and across the Housing Directorate and to assist the Housing Project Officer with the following range of activities:
· Supporting the formulation and implementation of various housing projects and policy development
· Carry out research and analysis on changes to housing policy and legislation
· Provide support for a range of housing projects underway in the Housing Directorate
· To provide effective support with communications and liaison between the Housing Directorate Management Team and relevant Directorates, with the Chief Executive’s office, the Mayor’s Office and other stakeholders, maintaining good relationships
To be successful in this role you will have:
· Knowledge of social housing, including the relevant legislation, government policy and community involvement.
· Knowledge and understanding of project management.
· Relevant degree and/or professional qualification, or work experience of at least 3 years.
· Experience of working in social housing environment in a large local authority or equivalent organisation.
· A track record of successful project management.
· Experience of managing comprehensive project proposals.
For more information regarding the role, please click on the job description link: Assistant Project Officer JD
The Closing date for applications is 24th February 2021.