We have an exciting opportunity within our Case Services Team for an experienced housing professional to join the Resident Support Team. Working primarily within the landlord service, you will be delivering housing and neighbourhood management services to the tenants and residents of our council housing. You will work closely with colleagues and teams across the council including Business and Income, Locality and Community Surveyors to deliver a high-quality customer focussed service.
- The effective management of all forms of tenancy, lease and licence including, tenancy reviews, assignment, succession and termination
- Supporting customers at high risk of tenancy failure including raising safeguarding concerns and referrals to specialist agencies and services
- Responding to and investigating reports of anti-social behaviour and neighbour dispute
- Ensuring tenancy compliance and the enforcement of tenancy conditions including preparing cases and representing the Council in legal action when necessary
- Work with colleagues in Locality Services to ensure the clean, safe and compliant management of estates and neighbourhoods
- Working with elected members, residents' groups, other council teams, the police and other key partners on issues that require a multi-agency approach to resolution
The ideal applicant
- Will have good understanding of relevant housing legislation and landlord and tenant law
- Will have experience of working in a social housing environment
- A relevant qualification would be an advantage
To succeed, you will need to be committed to the delivery of excellent customer focussed service, resourceful and flexible in your approach and have a willingness to take ownership of cases seeing them through to a successful conclusion. You will have excellent communication and inter-personal skills, be well organised, have an eye for detail, and the ability to use initiative and creativity to solve challenging problems.
Case Officers are expected to be flexible and supportive of colleagues and may, on occasions, be required to support other service areas within the Case Services remit.