About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for 2 Part time (20.77 hours) Night Supervisor to join our Young People`s Supported Living Services. One role is in Hemel Hempstead and the other is in Shenley, Radlett.
These services provide support to unaccompanied asylum seekers who are aged 16-17. The role is predominantly a sleep-in position but due to the nature of our residents you may be disturbed during the night if required - this is reflected in the hourly rate of pay.
**Who we are looking for**
We`re keen to recruit individuals who care regardless of qualifications or experience. We care more about you sharing and demonstrating our values, which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
If you`re someone who is able to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable young people, respond well in a crisis and work independently, we will give you all the training and support you need to do the role.
A Level 3 qualification is desirable but we can support you to achieve this if you don`t have one.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as a Night Supervisor is to:
- Provide appropriate support to young people and keep them safe overnight
- Oversee the security of our service and the welfare of its tenants, as a lone worker you will be using initiative and decision making skills on a regular basis
- Follow agreed support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence
We are looking for passionate people with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the needs of vulnerable young people and communicate effectively.
You will need to be able to:
- Work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working
- Work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity
- Take a positive approach to supporting young people
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £9,657 pa contract plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
Closing date: Friday 5th March 2021
Interviews : W/C 15th March 2021
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Night Supervisor please apply below.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.