Communications, Marketing and Engagement Specialist
We are looking for an innovative, forward-thinking person to join our Communications, Engagement and Marketing team and help us engage with all our residents.
You will be a key player as we seek to not only get our messages to residents, but also ensure we hear their voices and take on board their views and experiences as we improve services.
You will be responsible for delivering activities in support of Communications, Engagement and Marketing strategies, campaign and plans. This will include running engagement events and consultations, communicating via social media, copy writing (for WBC publications and news releases), and responding to media enquiries.
You will also support our communications and engagement with the council’s elected councillors and colleagues.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to engaging and consulting with local people to improve the way it makes decisions. We need someone with the innovative ideas and analytical skills to ensure we understand our community’s views, needs and aspirations and use this understanding to support decision-makers.
We are looking for someone who can help us engage beyond the ‘usual suspects’ in order to get to the harder to reach groups.
You will have:
- The ability to develop and deliver innovative ways to engage with residents via a range of methods.
- Good organisational skills and time-management to meet deadlines and support delivery of successful events and campaigns
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
- Helping to design, deliver and promote engagement campaigns, including public consultations) to reach all sections of the community
- Producing high quality social media content
- Writing good copy for news releases, webpages and news letters to deliver the council’s messages
- Responding the media enquiries and social media posts
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:-
- Good understanding of social media communications and engagement
- Experience of delivering and promoting engagement / consultations that reach wide range of residents
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Closing date: 11pm, 7 March 2021
Interviews for this role will be held during week commencing March 15
Please contact David Allen email@example.com if you have any questions about these opportunities.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and
vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevantemployment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.