We are looking for a dynamic Social Worker to join our Fostering and Adoption Team! In this role you can make a real difference and influence the best outcomes to the lives of some of our most vulnerable children in the community……
- Qualified to Level 3 Social Worker, with up to date SWE registration
- Knowledge and understanding of child care legislation
- Advocacy skills
- A problem solving attitude, able to bring a range of interventions to achieve best outcomes
- Able to manage a full and varied complex caseload, to set and work to clear objectives
- Able to work on site or from home
- To recruit/assess/support and supervise foster and connected carers
- To prepare and present assessment for the fostering panel including Fostering Network Assessments, ‘Family and Friends’ assessment, Viability assessment and Foster carers’ annual reviews
- To handle cases independently as part of a team, adapt and manage risks
- To identify placements for children appropriate to their needs
- To enable on-going reflective supervision and to provide support to approved Foster Carers
The successful applicant for this post will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). We will pay the costs for your DBS and SWE registration.
What we offer in return… A safe working environment with adheres to government guidelines for social distancing. Work that makes a difference to people’s lives within this beautiful county, in addition to structured salary reviews, local government pension scheme and Flexi-Time to name just a few!
We act as ‘One Council’ in all we do, with each of us working together in the most effective way to meet the needs of our customers every day – if you share this ethos then we very much want to hear from you.
What to do now… Please visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk for more information about this role. For an informal discussion about the role please contact Emma Sweeny, Head of Childrens Social Care on: email@example.com
Please follow the links to apply online. If you experience difficulties applying online please contact the Recruitment Team on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01572 758343 for further information and assistance.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview details, will usually be sent out via email. If you require documentation/correspondence in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.