Community Transport Senior Lead Scheduler/Driver
Community Support Services
£22,705 - £27,567 Full time Monday-Friday permanent
Could you be a life-line for hundreds of people in the community? Thanks to our community transport service, those older and more vulnerable in our community can continue an active lifestyle attending amazing classes, activities and events at our 7 Centres for the Community, support groups, special need children and medical appointments.
We are looking for someone with Community Transport experience, excellent organisational skills and a friendly and approachable nature.
Our fleet of accessible vehicles are available to older residents with a mobility impairment and people with a learning disability and you can be an important part of a vibrant and friendly team as a lead scheduler/driver. You have probably seen the buses around Elmbridge!
- You will co-ordinate the day to day deployment and operation of the passenger fleet services for both adults and children demonstrating exceptional customer-facing skills.
- You will be able to take the lead in the co-ordination of drivers, vehicles and passengers’ and produce day to day scheduling for the team to ensure the smooth running of the operation.
- You will have a full current D1 driving license for at least 2 years, with basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- You can bring Community Transport experience and knowledge to this role
- You will have the smile, have the caring attitude and the commitment to customer service that will make all the difference to their day.
- You will have excellent organisational skills and be able to communicate with a variety of different clients, customers and staff in addition to this skillset you will still be willing to muck-in and support the rest of the team when needed.
We pride ourselves on placing our customers at the heart of everything we do. This especially applies to our community support team. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support. For example,
- Meals on wheels
- Seven Centres for the Community
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Cobham Link
- Dementia Services
- Independent living centre
- And specialist groups supporting those with Parkinson’s and those recovering from a stroke.
- Of course, you will be key to the successful day to day running of the transport service.
- You will need to complete an enhanced DBS check in the adults’ and children’s workforces with check or barred lists.
- You will be based at our transport depot at the River Mole Business Park in Esher.
If you think you can make a difference in the community, then we need you!
If you have any queries, please call Lizzie Pain, Community Transport and Fleet Manager on 01372 474529.
What are you waiting for?
Closing Date: 12th March 2021
Interviews Commence from 18th March 2021