Fire Safety Advisor
Grade: PO1 £34,884 - £37,722 with potential market factor supplement of up to £54,783
(The salary comprises of a £17,061 Market Factor Supplement, which is reviewed annually)
- MFS £12,594 - for a level 4 qualified person; taking the salary to £50,316
- MFS £17,061 - for a level 5 qualified person; taking the salary to £54,783
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Fire Safety Advisor to become part of our successful Health and Safety Team at Enfield Council taking responsibility for fire risk assessments across a wide range of Council Housing buildings in Enfield, London.
As a Fire Safety Advisor you will be required to undertake Fire Risk Assessments on a range of properties including high, medium and low rise, Sheltered Housing Schemes and Community Halls. You will also be expected to investigate fires, assist teams with fire related queries and liaise with the London Fire Brigade.
You will have previous experience in fire risk assessment gained within the social housing sector and educated to a proficient standard in fire safety or fire safety engineering with a minimum of a level 4 qualification from a recognised fire sector professional body. You will be able to work autonomously as you will be managing your own diary and prioritising your workload.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- Relocation package of up to £8k available (subject to agreement)
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 4th March 2021
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Philip Bray on 020 8132 1332 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or email@example.com