Enfield Let Manager
Salary: PO2 £38,883 - £41, 850
This post is offered as a two-year fixed term contract until 6th February 2023.
Housing Gateway Ltd. (HGL) is seeking to appoint an experienced property professional to manage its new social lettings agency, Enfield Let (EL). The Enfield Let Manager (ELM) will be responsible for the day-to-day management of EL and ensuring the business area hits its key operational targets whilst providing an excellent service to tenants and landlords. The ELM will also be responsible for business development and will be expected to increase the size of EL’s portfolio according to annual targets established in HGL’s business plan.
About Housing Gateway Ltd.
HGL is an independent limited company, wholly owned by Enfield Council. The company was formed in April 2014 to reduce Enfield Council’s spending on temporary nightly paid accommodation by purchasing or developing properties for rent at sub-market rates. To date, HGL has enabled the Council to avoid temporary accommodation costs of c. £9m by assembling a property portfolio of 557 units.
HGL recently established a social lettings agency – Enfield Let (EL) – to provide an additional method of acquiring properties and driving down Enfield Council’s temporary accommodation costs. EL sources properties on 3-5year guaranteed rent leases from landlords and makes them available to Enfield Council nominated tenants.
HGL is looking for a candidate with a keen understanding of the property market in Enfield and experience of delivering demanding targets in a commercial environment. You’ll need detailed knowledge of the residential lettings process and you will ideally have experience of project management in a housing context. To be successful, you’ll need to be adaptable, comfortable working in a fast-paced commercial environment and willing to take on new challenges. The post-holder will also require good communication and organisational skills and should ideally have experience of delivering through others not under their direct line management.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. your CV
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date : Midnight, 2nd March 2021
Interview Date: TBC
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Liam Preston (Head of Operations – Private Housing Solutions 0208 132 1265 or email LiamP@housinggateway.co.uk for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
Fixed Term post/Secondment Opportunity
An external candidate, including Enfield Council agency workers, would be appointed on a fixed term contract, whilst internal candidates who are Council employees, would normally be expected to take up the post on a secondment basis.
To be eligible to apply for a secondment, Enfield Council employees must have completed probation and must have discussed/agreed the proposed secondment with their line manager. Fixed term contracts may be considered where secondment is not possible.
Secondments are the temporary loan of an employee from one part of the organisation to another part of the organisation and rely on the secondee to return to their substantive position on completion of the secondment.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.