Salary: PO1 £34,884 to £37,722
X1 Permanent, Full time (36 hours) position
Strategic Property Services are now recruiting for a CAD Manager. We are looking for an experienced proactive person to join and enhance our team of hardworking, passionate and friendly staff.
Do you want to be a part of a professional team, with a truly flexible working culture that supports a positive balance between work and family life?
We are looking for a CAD Manager with experience in production and management of CAD drawings and plans. This role will also assist the Asset Management System (AMS) Manager with the procurement and validation of new CAD drawings and associated data to support the AMS system(s) and Geographical Information System(s) (GIS) on a periodic basis (usually every 3-5 years).
The role will comprise of both the management of plans and associated data produced by third parties as well as the production and updating of CAD plans therefore relevant experience in both of these areas is required.
Auto CAD is the current computer aided design system employed across Property Services – Strategic Property Services (SPS), Corporate Maintenance & Facilities Management (CMFM). A high level of experience in using AutoCAD is essential for this role along with knowledge and understanding of the RICS Property Measurement professional standard.
Strategic Property Services) supports all other council departments with regard to Property Information and Data. This role will aid the team by undertaking various responsibilities. Some of which include, but are not limited to, the following: -
- Maintain up to date plans and asset data for buildings which are the responsibility of the Council.
- Manage and respond to requests for drawings and relevant data from other Council departments.
- Ensure the most recent CAD plans and relevant data have been uploaded into the AMS.
- Writing and preparing specifications for third-party contractors to follow to certify that any refurbishment or alterations to our buildings are completed with the production accurate drawings.
- Providing support and guidance to other AutoCAD users within the Place department.
You will also assist with the development, creation and implementation of any new policies and procedures required to manage the CAD drawings and relevant data. This includes developing and maintaining CAD templates, records of inaccuracies and other related CAD working documents.
SPS is a growing team of public sector property professionals, who are passionate about optimising Enfield Council's property assets to create community dividends. We have created an ambitious new Strategic Asset Management Plan for Enfield, which will deliver on the Council's broadest corporate objectives, including economic growth, diversity, sustainability, well-being and new homes. We manage all 1,100 of Enfield's non-housing assets, from our own operational accommodation, to industrial estates, retail assets and farms in the Green Belt, with a current income of c.£8M p/a from our investment estate. We act as the Council's ‘Corporate Landlord’, responsible for ensuring compliance across the portfolio. We undertake all aspects of property asset management, from leases and licences, to disposals, acquisitions, development deals and joint ventures. We are the custodians of all Enfield's Property Information and operate the Council's AMS. We are also growing the Council's capacity and capability in GIS (mapped data). Our aim is to have a comprehensive and qualified property team, to provide Enfield Council with an exemplar professional property service.
Experience in working in a busy dynamic team providing the ‘tool’ to all Council staff who rely on property related data ensuring compliance with all Council policies, procedures and legislation.
You should demonstrate good problem-solving skills and have experience of working with a variety of client groups collaboratively within a Property environment and work with the whole of SPS to keep up to date with statutory and legislative requirements, work within deadlines, and budget whilst responding positively to changing/competing demands.
In SPS no day is the same and there are constant challenges, but we all share a vision, which is to ensure that Enfield’s property assets are made the most of, for the benefit of Enfield’s people.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 4th March 2021
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Melissa Virgo on 020 8132 0956 or Sue Prodromou on 0208 132 0960 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or email@example.com