Post: Deputy Headteacher
Location: St John Fisher Catholic Primary School, Edward St, Widnes, WA8 0BW
Tel: 0151 424 7794
Grade: Leadership L4 – L8
Term: Full Time
Required: September 2021
Due to the promotion of the present post holder to Headship, the children, staff and Governors of St John Fisher Primary school wish to appoint a committed, enthusiastic and inspirational Deputy Headteacher who can make a significant contribution to the leadership and management of our school. As Deputy Headteacher you will work alongside our Headteacher to provide vision, direction and leadership, in order to build on our many strengths and to support and lead our school into the future.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A practicing Catholic committed to maintaining and extending the Catholic ethos of the school through personal example.
- An effective, innovate and enthusiastic leader with an ability to motivate, empower and inspire colleagues through highly effective interpersonal skills.
- The ability to set an excellent example of classroom practice and demonstrate commitment to high expectations of children’s behaviour and attainment.
- A highly motivated teacher with proven leadership skills and experience of successfully leading aspects of whole school improvement.
- Commitment to working in partnership with the Headteacher, Leadership Team, Governors and the wider school community.
- Have an ability to drive forward developments in the curriculum.
- Will keep up to date with current education initiatives and be proactive when managing change.
We will offer you:
- Children who are proud of their school and keen to learn
- An enthusiastic, supportive and forward thinking leadership team
- Friendly, motivated and hardworking staff
- An inclusive school community
- Supportive Governors and Parents
- A firm commitment to professional development for all.
Please see Person Specification and Job Description
Please note that this post has a teaching commitment.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged but would be in line with COVID restrictions. To arrange a visit please telephone Mrs Hassett, Office Manager on 0151 424 7794
Applications must be made on the CES application form included in this advert. Please ensure a Disclosure Form is also completed.
Further information about the post can be obtained from Mrs Hassett, Office Manager, telephone 0151 424 7794, or email@example.com
Completed application forms should be sent directly to the school by post or e-mail addressed to the Headteacher by the closing date. Please note, handwritten applications will NOT be accepted.
St John Fisher Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
References will be checked prior to interview after shortlisting and are integral to the recruitment process. Please note that open or generic references will not be accepted as part of a safer recruitment process.
Closing Date: Monday, 15th March 2021
Shortlisting will take place on: Tuesday, 16th March 2021
Interviews will be on: Wednesday, 24th March / Thursday, 25th March 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Enhanced Disclosure. The successful candidate will be expected to sign the CES contract.