Attendance Officer (Maternity cover)
Required: from 7th June 2021 for up to 1 year
Grade: NJC Scale 6, Pts 18-20. Actual annual salary: £25,723 - £26,658 for 35 hours per week, term-time only (working 38 weeks per year plus 2 weeks to be worked during school closure periods).
Closing date: 12pm on Tuesday 9th March 2021
Interviews will be held by mid/late March 2021. Please note that interviews may occur before the closing date and we reserve the right to close the advert earlier.
La Retraite Roman Catholic Girls’ School is an ambitious, collaborative, diverse and dynamic school, where innovative teaching and learning is the norm and every staff member’s talents and aspirations are recognised, developed, and rewarded.
Central to our offer is a community and environment that nurtures, challenges and supports, which fosters the expertise of our staff and allows us to offer a broad and innovative curriculum, to inspire learning at every level.
La Retraite is underpinned by the commitment of staff. By joining our team, you join a team of dedicated, like-minded, passionate colleagues in a welcoming staff body and our Catholic ethos welcomes students and staff of all faiths and none. If you believe you can add to our outstanding team, we hope to hear from you.
We invite applications from individuals with experience of working with young people. Experience of working in a similar role would be an advantage. The key aspects of the role are to:
- To monitor and improve school attendance and punctuality by meeting targets set by the school
- To provide specific support in relations to attendance and punctuality for Years 7 to 13 and under the guidance of the Assistant Headteacher
- To promote a positive attitude by students and families towards education and ensure parents are aware of their statutory responsibilities
- To establish and develop a professional service to support the school in raising attendance and punctuality by investigating persistent unauthorised absences and improving punctuality
- To be a First Aider.
Investing in you
- Detailed induction programme for NQTs and new staff
- Inner London weighting
- Free onsite parking (dependant on availability)
- Dedicated wellbeing programme
- Healthcare scheme
- Two week October half-term holiday
- Cycle-to-Work scheme and childcare vouchers
To organise an informal visit please contact Ms Clarke, HR Manager on 020 8673 5644 extension 159.
La Retraite RC School is committed to safer recruitment and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check