Fixed Term - 12 months
As part of our critical and ongoing COVID 19 Operations programme, we are looking for a full-time Data Analyst to join our Data Team at Wokingham Borough Council. You will support the development and delivery of business systems and data services across Wokingham Borough Council
You will be working in a fast-paced and demanding environment, so it is important that you are well organised and resilient; can remain calm, focussed, and professional at all times. The role will be a key part of the ongoing development of technology services and information management by delivering on a range of activities, including – data analysis (cleanse and management), business analysis, system/workflow configuration and stakeholder engagement.
Please note that this is a career graded post and we are looking to recruit to the requirements for the Grade 8 specification.
- Support the overall build and delivery of line of business systems used by the Council.
- Identify and rectify development issues, both independently and in conjunction with internal customers
- Provide business analysis support to enable Council teams to make best use of technology systems ensuring solutions are developed and delivered to best practice methodologies
- Analysing existing systems, identifying weaknesses or areas for improvements and scoping changes
- Cleansing of data to ensure data integrity and performance
- Extract, transform, consolidate and load of historic data as identified by the Data Migration Manager
- Carry out system, module and workflow configuration with key line of business systems
- Understand, create and document technical solutions/requirements as specified
- Develop, support and deliver robust data test plans to ensure data quality
- Support the development of data used within the Council to identify key trends and performance indicators
- Mapping of existing data structures to the new technology design in conjunction with business users
- Implement information strategies including those around data retention and storage
- Apply technical skillset to assist the delivery of the IMT Service
Closing Date: Sunday 14th March 2021, 11pm.
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received and the advert may close early, should a suitable candidate be appointed.
For further information about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.