Fixed Term - 12 months
As part of our critical and ongoing COVID 19 Operations programme, we are looking for a part-time Senior Data Analyst to join and help lead our Data Team at Wokingham Borough Council. You will support the design, development and delivery of business systems ,data services and business intelligence across Wokingham Borough Council
You will be working in a fast-paced and demanding environment, so it is important that you are well organised and resilient; can remain calm, focussed, and professional at all times. Customer service and stakeholder engagement is vital to the role. You will be experienced in data extraction, manipulation and transformation. You should understand the concepts of Business intelligence and datawarehouse design and have strong interpersonal and partnering skills, plus strong connections with other IT bodies and pro-actively sharing good practice.
- Lead and support the overall build and delivery of line of business systems used by the Council.
- Identify and rectify development issues, both independently and in conjunction with internal customers
- Provide business analysis support to enable Council teams to make best use of technology systems ensuring solutions are developed and delivered to best practice methodologies
- Analysing existing systems, identifying weaknesses or areas for improvements and scoping changes
- Cleansing of data to ensure data integrity and performance
- Extract, transform, consolidate and load of historic data as identified by the Data and Development Manager
- Carry out system, module and workflow configuration with key line of business systems
- Working closely with the implementation team to understand, scope and create data structures to support the production of reports as required by the Council
- Design, understand, create and document technical solutions/requirements as specified
- Develop, support and deliver robust data test plans to ensure data quality
- Design and support the development of data used within the Council to identify key trends and performance indicators
- Mapping of existing data structures to the new technology design in conjunction with business users
- Implement information strategies including those around data retention and storage
- Design/implement datawarehouse and or data lake as appropriate
- Apply technical skillset to assist the delivery of the IMT Service
- Mentor/ advice and guide other members of the data team.
Closing Date: Sunday 14th March 2021, 11pm.
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received and the advert may close early, should a suitable candidate be appointed.
For further information about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.