Exciting opportunities have arisen within our Children’s Support and Safeguarding teams, for Senior Social Workers in our Family Support & Safeguarding teams (including Children with Disabilities).
We are looking for highly effective individuals who will focus on consistently delivering high-quality standards of social work practice with the children and families we work with.
You will work with a small number of children and families, to achieve the best possible long-term outcomes for them, using Signs of Safety (training and support provided if required).
We offer a culture of continuous learning, with excellent training opportunities and a trauma informed, strengths-based approach to practice. We have a modern and flexible working environment, enabling you to work flexibly from multiple locations.
You will be part of a small and friendly team where your contribution will be really valued, and you will have the opportunity to shape and improve the services we offer for children, young people and families.
We have the following positions available:
Senior Social Worker- Family Support and Safeguarding (3 posts)
1x 37 hours based in Weston-super-Mare
2x 30 hours based in Portishead and Clevedon
You will combine supporting less experienced colleagues by acting as a coach and a mentor, whilst also working with a reduced number of families who have wide ranging needs. Your work will be varied and will include working with children who are in need, subject to child protection plans and are going through the court process.
You will be encouraged to develop your practice, leadership and management skills by working closely with the current team leader.
Senior Social Worker, Children with Disabilities Team (1 post)
1x 37 hours based in Weston-super-Mare
You will deliver services across the continuum of need from children in need, short breaks and direct payments, child protection, pre-proceedings and court work.
You will build close working relationships with our health, education and social care practitioners, enabling you to successfully bring together and coordinate the team around the child to ensure a multi-disciplinary approach to safeguarding.
- A competitive salary
- Substantial relocation package
- Generous holiday
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Family friendly policies and flexible working
- Excellent training
- Free parking at council offices
- Access to pool cars, bikes and cycle to work scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
For the above roles you must:
- Be a qualified Social Worker (with a Social Work England Registration) with a passion for working with children and their families to help improve their outcomes and to keep them safe from harm using a strengths-based approach.
- You will have completed an ASYE and have good knowledge and experience within Safeguarding children.
- You will have sound knowledge of relevant childcare legislation, including a clear understanding of ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children’.
- An ability to build effective relationships with children, young people and families.
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Want to know more and apply?
If you want to have an informal discussion about the roles we have available in North Somerset please call Mairi MacFadyen for Portishead (01275 882972), Alice Diduca, Clevedon (01275 884101) or Alex Humphries for Weston-super-Mare (01275 882159)
Take a look at our range of benefits, please visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs