LHC is a not-for-profit procurement organisation with over fifty years' experience of housing and construction. We are a leading provider of free-to-use framework agreements used by local authorities, social landlords and other public sector bodies to procure works, products and services for the construction, refurbishment and maintenance of social housing and public buildings.
About the role
Location - Various London and South East area.
- This post will be working directly for the London and South East regional business unit of the LHC (London Housing Consortium) a public sector framework provider established in 1966.
- Our mission is "Through improved procurement, deliver better homes and buildings that enhance local communities." and to be a recognised centre of excellence in procurement.
- We work closely with London and South East authorities to provide excellent procurement solutions helping the region meet their local economic and delivery needs.
- We are a not for profit organisation and our surplus is recycled into community benefit projects.
Check out our website at www.lhc.gov.uk
What you will be doing
This is a new role within the region and will be responsible for developing and delivering an enhanced procurement service to clients and appointed framework providers. Key requirements are to :-
- Work alongside a procurement lead and key stakeholders (internal and external) to deliver 4 specific regional Frameworks.
- You will support the development of suitable framework documentation, administer the procurement and evaluate submissions with the procurement lead.
- You will be available to provide a call off service to clients wanting to use our frameworks either through mini competitions or direct awards and be responsible for supporting all clients during the time from project registration to contract award.
- Develop appropriate and suitable documentation for carrying out mini competitions for clients.
- Provide training and best practice advice on procurement matters.
- Work with the regional head and head office team to develop a regional procurement strategy.
- Keep up to date with changes in procurement regulations and disseminate the changes to stakeholders.
- Work with the team to ensure that our regional procurement offer meets relevant outcomes, delivers social value and delivered by regional suppliers.
What you need
- Knowledge of Public Sector Procurement Regulations in England and experience of undertaking regulated procurement of goods and services
- Accreditation as MCIPS or working towards - as a minimum should have Diploma Level 5.
- Experience in working with CRM systems.
- The ability to manage your own time, be focused and productive
- Great interpersonal and communication skills both with clients, approved contractors and people within the organisation.
- There is a degree of flexibility in terms of location - you will not need to be in the office all the time as there will be meetings on site or in client's offices and a lot of work could be carried out in a home base.
What we offer
What you get
- Basic salary Grade POC which starts at £43,590.
- Company car/allowance.
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- 33 days holiday plus public holiday
- 36 hour week.
- Cycle purchase scheme.
What to do next
Please do not apply online. If you are interested contact me, Stuart Lippitt, by email , or mobile phone 07824471662 and I will give you more details.