LHC is a not-for-profit procurement organisation with over fifty years' experience of housing and construction. We are a leading provider of free-to-use framework agreements used by local authorities, social landlords and other public sector bodies to procure works, products and services for the construction, refurbishment and maintenance of social housing and public buildings.
About the role
- We are seeking to add to our successful regional business unit with a technical professional who is self-motivated, enthusiastic and personable with knowledge in a building / construction / housing environment.
- Scottish Procurement Alliance (SPA) is an established regional business unit of LHC Group, set up to serve Local Authority and Housing Association clients and you will need to be familiar working for or with these types of organisations in a technical capacity.
- This is a key appointment for a financially strong and stable organisation who is seeking to continue to grow and develop our business.
- You will need to hold a full driver's license, as regular travel across Scotland with occasional overnights will be required.
- The SPA mission is to be the recognised centre of excellence for procurement in Scotland by ensuring that every pound spent on the construction and refurbishment of public buildings and social housing adds to the quality of life enjoyed by communities we serve.
- Working with our 100+ Partner organisations throughout Scotland, providing technical support and guidance and advising on utilising SPA procurement products and services to ensure the best outcomes
- Undertaking visits to customers premises and project sites to ensure SPA projects are delivered to customers' satisfaction and supporting SPA Partners and AppCo's by attending in person, project pre-start and progress meetings.
- Assisting with pre-tender engagement activities, working closely with SPA and LHC colleagues to ensure all framework products and services are industry leading and fit for the requirements of SPA Partners.
- Working to ensure Appointed Companies (AppCos) are complying with their obligations under our framework agreements, carrying out price validations to ensure contractor prices comply with the rates set out in our framework agreements.
Supporting the SPA Technical Support Manger in the preparation and evaluation of tender documentation including technical specifications, terms and conditions and pricing schedules
What we offer
What you need
- The ability to work under pressure and deliver results.
- A positive and supportive attitude, with the ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail, energy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of seniority - site staff to director level.
- An understanding of technical products and services
- To be a natural problem solver with the ability to deliver workable solutions
- Experience working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems or other databases
What you get
- Basic salary £30,451.
- Company car/allowance
- An annual bonus based on personal and company targets.
- Public service pension scheme.
- 28 days holiday plus public holidays.
- 36 hour week.
- Personal training and development plan.
- Cycle purchase scheme.
What to do next:
Please do not apply online: If you are interested contact me, Chris Pye, by email , or mobile phone 07727-017008 and I will give you more details.