Be First is a pioneering urban regeneration company wholly owned by Barking and Dagenham Council and operating independently. Our mission is to capitalise on the borough’s position as London’s best investment and development opportunity to accelerate growth. We aim to help deliver 50,000 new homes and 20,000 jobs in the next 20 years.
We deliver a socially-responsible model of urban regeneration that creates new homes and jobs for Barking and Dagenham’s current and future communities, ensuring that no-one is left behind.
We are firmly committed to community engagement and involvement as an essential element of our social purpose. This is an important position within Be First’s Engagement team and you will play a vital role in supporting us to embed high quality community involvement standards throughout the company.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced person who is experienced in delivering community engagement projects with a wide range of complex stakeholders. The successful candidate will:
- Strengthen the delivery of high-quality community engagement across Be First.
- Work across the organisation to build collaborative relationships and ensure a coordinated and cohesive approach to community engagement.
- Support with the on-going engagement activity across a number of major estate renewal projects aimed at building long term, open and transparent working relationships with the community to jointly deliver the objectives of the wider estate renewal programme.
- Support with developing the engagement strategies for these areas and the wider Be First programme.
- Manage our digital engagement platform.