LHC is a not-for-profit procurement organisation with over fifty years' experience of housing and construction. We are a leading provider of free-to-use framework agreements used by local authorities, social landlords and other public sector bodies to procure works, products and services for the construction, refurbishment and maintenance of social housing and public buildings.
About the role
- We are seeking to add to our successful regional business unit with a sales professional who is results orientated, self-motivated, enthusiastic and personable with knowledge and experience of sales within the construction/building products or public/social housing sectors
- This is a key appointment for a financially strong and stable organisation who is seeking to continue to grow and develop our business.
- You will be operating primarily in the West of Scotland, from Dumfries and Galloway, through Greater Glasgow to the Highlands and Islands, with weekly visits to our Livingston Head Office.
- Scottish Procurement Alliance (SPA) is an established regional business unit of LHC Group, set up to serve Local Authority and Housing Association clients and it would be desirable if you already have links to these networks.
- The SPA mission is to be the recognised centre of excellence for procurement in Scotland by ensuring that every pound spent on the construction and refurbishment of public buildings and social housing adds to the quality of life enjoyed by communities we serve.
- Managing our 50+ Partners organisations within the region, providing support and guidance on utilising SPA products and services to ensure the best outcomes
- Increasing your sales pipeline, through a structured plan of contact with all key stakeholders
- Providing detailed financial and operational forecasting for the SPA Director and SPA colleagues
- Working with the SPA Marketing team to promoting the benefits of SPA to Social Landlords and Public Bodies through social media channels and face to face meetings.
- Undertake market research to fully understand your area and generate new leads
- Maintain regular contact with existing Partners, building relationships and seeking ways to develop each account and ensure an excellent experience across all interactions with SPA
- Develop a technical awareness of the full range of SPA products and services
- Deliver presentations to appropriate parties.
What we offer
What you need
- Experience in a structured selling role, preferably in the construction / building products sector.
- To be a resilient self-starter with demonstrable ability to build and manage relationships
- The ability to work under pressure and deliver results.
- A positive and supportive team player, with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Comfortable with IT Systems.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Energy and enthusiasm.
What you get
- Basic salary £37,890.
- Company car/allowance.
- An annual bonus based on personal and company targets.
- Public service pension scheme.
- 33 days holiday plus public holidays.
- 36 hour week.
- Personal training and development plan.
- Cycle purchase scheme.
What to do next:
Please do not apply online: If you are interested contact me, Chris Pye, by email , or mobile phone 07727-017008 and I will give you more details.