LHC is a not-for-profit procurement organisation with over fifty years' experience of housing and construction. We are a leading provider of free-to-use framework agreements used by local authorities, social landlords and other public sector bodies to procure works, products and services for the construction, refurbishment and maintenance of social housing and public buildings.
About the role
- We are seeking to add to our successful regional business unit with an experienced procurement professional who is self-motivated, enthusiastic and personable with experience of undertaking regulated procurement of goods and/or services on behalf of a public sector organisation
- Scottish Procurement Alliance (SPA) is an established regional business unit of LHC Group, set up to serve public sector clients by providing best in class procurement solutions.
- This is a key appointment for a financially strong and stable organisation who is seeking to continue to grow and develop our business.
- You will lead on the management of the SPA Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) by engaging new appointed companies and support SPA colleagues with the promotion of the offering to SPA Partners
- The SPA mission is to be the recognised centre of excellence for procurement in Scotland by ensuring that every pound spent on the construction and refurbishment of public buildings and social housing adds to the quality of life enjoyed by communities we serve.
- You will work with our 100+ Partner organisations throughout Scotland providing best practice procurement advice, guidance and the options available through SPA products and services. Along with a dedicated Call Off service across our range of framework and DPS solutions.
- Supporting the management of registered projects through to formal contract award and providing a clear audit trail for all activity
- Assisting with pre-tender engagement activities, working closely with SPA and LHC colleagues to ensure all framework products and services are industry leading and fit for the requirements of SPA Partners.
- You will ensure the successful management of the SPA Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) by engaging new appointed companies and supporting SPA colleagues with the promotion of the offering to SPA Partners
- Representing SPA at internal and external events such as 'Meet the Buyer' events, product launches, workshops and conferences
What we offer
- Experience of undertaking regulated procurement of goods and/or services on behalf of public sector organisations
- The ability to work under pressure and deliver results.
- A positive and supportive attitude, with the ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail, energy and enthusiasm.
- Knowledge of public sector procurement regulations in Scotland
- To be a natural problem solver with the ability to deliver workable solutions
- Experience working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems or other databases
What you get
- Basic salary £37,890
- An annual bonus based on personal and company targets.
- Public service pension scheme.
- 33 days holiday plus public holidays.
- 36 hour week.
- Personal training and development plan.
- Cycle purchase scheme.
What to do next:
Please do not apply online: If you are interested contact me, Chris Pye, by email , or mobile phone 07727-017008 and I will give you more details.