Contract Manager (Lifts)
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Maintenance team is skilled, friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality service we deliver to our residents, aiming to provide a fix first time, every time.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Maintenance team
The One Housing Maintenance team keeps our customers’ homes safe and secure. Our expertise is a given and our customer focus and approachability make this a maintenance role like no other.
We understand how important a well-maintained, safe, and secure home is for peoples’ well-being.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Lift Contracts Manager. Your responsibilities will
• Leading all aspects of our lift portfolio, ensuring services provided are customer focused and achieve statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements.
• Ensuring lift component data and servicing records are maintained accurately. Arrange regular validation checks to ensure the integrity of our data.
• Leading all aspects of contract management, including procuring and mobilising contracts; chairing core group meetings, setting appropriate KPI’s and reviewing performance data. Utilise management information to continually improve the service. Ensure compliance targets are achieved.
• Procuring lift condition surveys to support asset management plans.
• Preparing budget bids to support service delivery (revenue and capital); Regularly reviewing management accounts, reforecasting budgets where required and providing supporting commentary for internal reporting.
• Leading specification of works for capital projects; Prepare and deliver capital works projects from initiation to completion.
• Providing technical support to new business/development colleagues; Participate in the design, construction and handover of new schemes, ensuring any additions to our lift portfolio are provided with the required certification/validation of files and added to service/insurance contracts
• Leading on the provision of lift contract/compliance advice for the organisation, including responding to formal complaints and seeking resolutions that are customer focused and adhere to compliance requirements.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly and positive. The successful candidate will have:
• Experience of all lifts, including lift operations/engineering, preferably within a commercial housing environment
• Sound knowledge of all necessary regulations with a good understanding of the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulation 1998 (LOLER)
• Good standard of education; Effective communication skills, both oral and written
• Good level of IT skills and literacy
• Previous experience of carrying out stock condition surveys for M&E services
• Previous experience of lift contract management and compliance
• Previous experience of financial and budgetary management
• Previous experience of developing and maintaining good working relationships with suppliers and customers
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of services designed with your wellbeing in mind.
• Salary £45,000 - £53,000
• Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Travel lean. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
• Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year. (not for statutory employees)
• Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
• Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
• Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
• Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
• We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family
• Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
• Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Maintenance team.