Specialist Domestic Abuse Coordinator
Salary: S02 - £32,418 - £34,209
Fixed Term - 12 Months
Ending homelessness in Enfield
We are transforming our homelessness service to improve homelessness prevention, reduce temporary accommodation and end street homelessness. Our transformation plan contains:
A new Housing Advisory Service to deliver a range of services, including data-driven early intervention, community outreach, specialist practice teams and a street homelessness service
An ambitious new Preventing Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy 2020-2025
A new Allocations Policy to incentivise and reward PRS access and sustainment and
A new ethical Lettings Company to reshape the local housing market
Within the, the Sustainable Housing Service, which sits in the wider Housing Advisory Service, was set up to rapidly assess and relieve homelessness in Enfield. The Sustainable Housing Service contains four teams focused on:
Homelessness relief and temporary accommodation move-on
Domestic abuse and safeguarding
Single people with complex housing and support needs
We are recruiting Specialist Coordinators to join our new Resilience Team (Domestic Abuse) and Resettlement Team (Single homelessness with complex housing & support needs)
Specialist Domestic Abuse Coordinator
We are recruiting one twelve-months fixed term Specialist Domestic Abuse Coordinator to join our new Resilience Team.
The Specialist Domestic Abuse Coordinator will provide specialist casework to survivors of domestic abuse.
The ideal candidate will have experience of providing specialist housing options and homelessness casework to domestic abuse survivors. You must also have significant experience of the Homelessness Reduction Act, multi-agency partnership working and safeguarding.
You should also have knowledge of welfare and housing policy and relevant legislation as well as safeguarding vulnerable adults. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office-based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight 18th March 2021
Fixed Term post/Secondment Opportunity
An external candidate, including Enfield Council agency workers, would be appointed on a fixed term contract, whilst internal candidates who are Council employees, would normally be expected to take up the post on a secondment basis.
To be eligible to apply for a secondment, Enfield Council employees must have completed probation and must have discussed/agreed the proposed secondment with their line manager. Fixed term contracts may be considered where secondment is not possible.
Secondments are the temporary loan of an employee from one part of the organisation to another part of the organisation and rely on the secondee to return to their substantive position on completion of the secondment.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or firstname.lastname@example.org . If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Tanya Aumeer on 0208 148 3906 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.