An exciting opportunity has arisen in Sefton Council to appoint a temporary experienced and qualified Risk and Resilience Officer to provide additional support during the on-going Pandemic. The role sits in Risk and Resilience Function within the Finance Team based out of the Magdalen House, Trinity Road, Bootle.
The role is to support the development of plans to manage Council risk including emergency planning, public safety and business continuity issues as well as to engage with internal and external partners.
The key responsibilities for the role include:
- Ensuring that potential hazards and risks that may affect Sefton are fully assessed and support the development of plans to manage those risks.
- Liaise with partner agencies both locally and across Merseyside to developing risk mitigation strategies in line with the Merseyside Resilience Forum key objectives.
- Support the Emergency Duty Coordinators (EDC) by planning rotas and maintaining the EDC Handbook.
- Support departments in developing Departmental Risk Registers that align with Departmental Service Plans.
- Support the implementation of the Business Continuity planning programme and provide assistance to departments.
- Work with partners to support the preparedness and resilience within the local community
We will consider applicants who have broad experience/ qualification of emergency planning but who have had less experience in business continuity and operational risk management.
This is a temporary position until 31.03.22.