The Lime Trust is looking for a Catering Assistant to join one of their primary schools - Lime Academy Watergall. The Trust consists of 8 schools, 4 special and 4 primary, in Cambridgeshire and North and East London.
Lime Academy Watergall is a lively two-form entry primary school located in the north east of Peterborough within a diverse community. The school offers excellent facilities and a team of innovative, experienced and dedicated staff.
Vision and values
The Trust’s vision is to provide high quality education for pupils through school-to-school collaboration and Trust direction, high challenge and high support. All schools in the Trust strive to improve life chances for all and be respected in their local communities.
The Lime Way:
- Always working to be brilliant
- Putting children first
- Setting the standard
- Building capacity-rich schools
The Values we embed in our schools are:
- Communication (a voice for all)
The successful candidate
The successful candidate will work with the Catering Team and the Senior Leadership Team at the school to ensure pupils receives good nutrition, promote best practice, and contribute to the aims and ethos of the Trust and its schools.
You will be part of a team that supports high quality nutrition by providing outstanding food and customer service to the pupils and staff at the school. We are looking for a candidate who will share our passion for delivering the best service, and exciting, fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis to pupils and employees. The successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- experience of food preparation in a commercial kitchen environment.
- experience of working with young people and/or within a school environment.
- a good knowledge of food standards regulations
- the ability to work as part of a flexible team.
- excellent customer service skills
The Trust provides a strong culture of collaboration, support and development, together with high expectations for staff and pupils alike. Benefits include:
- A welcoming and supportive team
- Hardworking, motivated, supportive colleagues and leadership teams
- Employee assistance programme
- CPD opportunities, including support with external courses for career development
- Enhanced maternity leave benefits
- National pay rates
- Cycle to work scheme
Closing date: 16th April 9am
Interviews: W/c 19th April
Visits to our schools are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check). References will be taken up before appointment.