Are you someone who is passionate about developing and improving digital services and making them as easy as possible to use?
We’re looking for a talented Digital Specialist to join our Digital Team and help oversee the improvement of our website and digital services. We're taking steps to strengthen these services and increase their use by our residents and communities. Integral to this will be an understanding of how to put customer needs at the centre of digital design and how to ensure multiple types of different digital service are easy to find and use across multiple device types.
You will be part of a new directorate leading on a fresh approach to how we work with our customers and how we use data and user research to deliver effective digital service transformation. If you are commercially-driven and socially-minded and you want to work within a strong, forward thinking like-minded team you should seriously consider joining us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Using data and insight to agree and prioritise key areas for digital improvement across the Council in partnership with key stakeholders and improvement groups
- Working with our Digital and Development Teams to plan, monitor, manage and report on rapid improvement of prioritised digital services using an agile approach
- Bringing a knowledge of best practice to the evolution of our digital services and embed consistently improve digital customer experience in the future
- Communicating our digital aspirations and success to key stakeholders
- Helping develop our new digital approach and branding
We’d love to meet someone with:
- Experience managing and communicating digital development across a number of services and platforms
- Ability to use agile and more traditional project management methodologies to deliver improvement
- A proven track record of managing the development of high quality digital services focusing on user needs
- Ability to function as a self-starter with strong communication skills, able to communicate recommendations, clearly, concisely and compellingly to senior stakeholders and the wider business
- Adaptability, flexibility and able to multi task
- Pro-active engagement with best practice digital design and thinking
Closing Date 11pm 10/04/2021
For an informal discussion, please contact: Nick Spencer - Nicholas.Spencer@wokingham.gov.uk.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.