Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you're looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council. With modern working practices where flexibility is commonplace and performance is measured on outcomes and results, alongside a generous holiday entitlement, you can experience a fulfilling job and great work-life balance.
Please note that this role is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK
The Milton Keynes Council Revenues & Benefits Service is in partnership with Northampton and Horsham District Council. We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Improvement & Systems Team Leader. As the Systems Team Leader you will be a key member of the team. You’ll help maintain and administer the IT and procedural systems that underpin our Benefits Service. You’ll manage a team that is responsible for loading and testing a wide range of new software releases, ensuring maximum system availability at all times. We’ll also rely on you to generate statutory documentation, run subsidy and cash data for Government returns and reconcile all output to ensure its accuracy. This is an opportunity for someone who has numerous years of experience in a systems role specialising in Capita systems. Some travel to our Milton Keynes, Northampton and Horsham sites will be required as part of this role.
- Manage a team responsible for the maintenance and administration of the IT systems used by the Revenues and Benefits Service
- Understand and meet the needs of our customers
- Ensure that all revenue and payments are balanced and reconciled and that appropriate internal controls exist to minimise financial risk to the Service
- Manage the development and testing of the computer software to ensure the accuracy of data
- Provide accurate and timely government and statistical returns and data analysis as required
- Ensure the accuracy of claims for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction through the use of systems reports, to ensure subsidy maximisation and that the right Benefit is paid to the right customer at the right time
- Assist in ensuring continuous service improvement, high standards of performance, quality and efficiency within the team and promoting a culture to ensure service excellence and continuity
- Assist in the implementation of new initiatives, ensuring that best practice is adopted and followed consistently, at all times.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Specific knowledge and ability in the use of Capita Revenue and Benefits Systems and Information @ Work
- Considerable experience in Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction processing activities
- In depth knowledge of Benefits legislation including Council Tax Reduction Schemes
- Managing differing priorities associated from the number of service area requests
- Management of conflicting projects and associated savings /timelines against day-to day activity including supplier scheduled upgrades
- Management of the levels of competency of the team against the requirements and functionality of the associated systems
- Management and implementation of Service and System improvements