Students spend 55% of their year in school but the remaining 45% at home; therefore the influence of home on a child’s learning and development is enormous. As such, supporting parents/carers to enable them to provide the best possible care for their children is vital. Are you an excellent champion for all who wants to make a difference to all students and families? Are you a passionate practitioner with a genuine commitment to helping others?
If so we’d love to hear from you and for you to join our team as soon as possible.
Jennett’s Park CE Primary School is a wonderful caring and supportive school within a distinctive Christian ethos. We highly recommend visiting our school as once you visit you will love it as much as we do. We pride ourselves that our children live by our Rainbow Promise and love and respect each other and all the staff.
We are looking to recruit a Family Support Worker to establish and foster good relationships with all parents/carers of pupils within school. You will be pro-active in identifying needs in order to support children and families, develop and run effective parent coffee mornings/workshops and will encourage parental involvement in the school and its activities. With previous experience of working with pupils with special needs and families, you will have the ability to deal with sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy and will provide support to enable effective parenting. By supporting inclusive practice and focussing on preventative and early intervention activities, you will build relationships with vulnerable and ‘yet to be reached’ children. You will keep up to date with and maintain knowledge of the range of agencies and services available locally that parents might be signposted to and will actively promote the family support services provided by Children’s Services, Social Care, neighbouring LA partners etc.
We are looking for an Champion who:
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of what constitutes outstanding family work
- Shows commitment to ensuring equality of opportunity for all families
- Is reflective, open to feedback and driven to be outstanding
- Is a dedicated team player
- Demonstrate optimism about families and expects the highest possible standards.
- A passionate, driven and successful school where you will feel well supported in your role
- A robust induction process
- A school that is committed to ensuring that every child succeeds
- Individualised professional development and career enhancement opportunities
- A comprehensive Wellbeing approach
- The support of an experienced Senior Leadership Team.
We have wonderful children and dedicated staff that go that extra mile every day. Would you like to be part of our team? Please see our attached Job description and Person specification.
We warmly welcome you to visit our website to access the virtual tour in these COVID times to view our school. https://www.jennettspark.bracknell-forest.sch.uk/school-tour/ Contact us if you wish further details.
Interviews: Friday 23rd April 2021
Jennett’s Park CE Primary School (Voluntary Aided)
3 Tawny Owl Square, Jennett’s Park, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8EB