Early Years Teaching Assistant
Lime Trust is looking for an Teaching Assistant to join their warm and welcoming Early Years team on a fixed term in the first instance. The Trust consists of 8 schools, 4 special and 4 primary, in Cambridgeshire and North and East London.
This post is for a Teaching Assistant to work at Lime Academy Abbotsmede, which is two form entry primary school in the centre of Peterborough. The age range of the pupils attending the setting is 2 to 11 as the school has its own Nursery provision on site. The role will be to support children aged two - five years old and will be an unique opportunity for the successful applicant to develop their skills across this age range and gain experience across our growing Nursery setting and our two Reception classes. Lime Academy Abbotsmede is a multicultural setting. Our pupils come from rich cultural and linguistic backgrounds. We are very proud to have such a diverse intake of pupils. We learn so much from each other and it makes the school the vibrant, exciting place that it is.
Vision and values
The Trust’s vision is to provide high quality education for pupils through school-to-school collaboration and Trust direction, high challenge and high support. All schools in the Trust strive to improve life chances for all and be respected in their local communities.
The Lime Way:
- Always working to be brilliant
- Putting children first
- Setting the standard
- Building capacity-rich schools
The Values we embed in our schools are:
- Communication (a voice for all)
The successful candidate
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to to join our Early Years team in our ever-developing setting. You will have an opportunity to be part of the team who are aiming for 'Excellence in Early Years' across the Trust. The successful candidate will:
- Hold at least a Level 3 childcare qualification or equivalent Early Years qualification
- Be committed to driving high standards and expectations of performance
- Be enthusiastic and passionate for learning and enjoy working with individual children
- Be hard working, flexible, committed and reliable
- Be well organised; willing to go the ‘extra mile’ and have a ‘can do’ approach
- Be able to raise aspirations, expectations and achievement of children
- Be able to form excellent relationships with all pupils and develop good credibility with learners
- Be open to change and develop practice with the needs of the pupil
- Be able to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
The Trust provides a strong culture of collaboration, support and development, together with high expectations for staff and pupils alike. Benefits include:
- A welcoming and supportive team
- Hardworking, motivated, supportive colleagues and leadership teams
- Employee assistance programme
- CPD opportunities, including support with external courses for career development
- Enhanced maternity leave benefits
- National pay rates
- Cycle to work scheme
- Grade: 6
- Point: 7-12 (pro rata)
- Hours: 32.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday; term time only plus 5 training days (195 days)
- Contract type: Fixed Term
- Closing date: 19th April 2021 at 12pm
- Shortlisting: 20th April 2021
- Interviews: 23rd April 2021 (provisional date)
If you would like to express interest, arrange a virtual meeting about the post or find out any more information, please contact Miranda Cummings on email@example.com or call the school office on 01733 566847.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check). References will be taken up before appointment.