Headteacher - Crest Infant & Nursery School
Start date: 1st September 2021
Crest Infant & Nursery School is a Local Authority maintained school, situated in the heart of Rochester, graded ‘Good’ in its last two Ofsted inspections. Crest “is a happy, united school. Pupils, parents, carers and staff describe it as being a warm, family community.” “Developing pupils’ character is central to the school’s work. The four ‘STAR’ values of success, teamwork, aspiration and respect are found in every aspect of school life.” (Ofsted February 2020.) We have a proud history of inclusion and are an accredited Forest School.
Our current Headteacher is retiring at the end of this school year, which presents an exciting opportunity for the appointment of a new leader to take the school forward on its journey of continued improvement. The successful candidate will share our vision for a happy, safe learning environment which enables the whole community to achieve, enjoy learning and aspire to be the best they can be.
The person we are looking for will be:
- an experienced, successful and passionate leader, driven to provide the best education for all;
- a motivating and innovative individual who is aspirational;
- reflective and seeks feedback on their leadership practice;
- an excellent practitioner, able to enhance the quality of teaching, learning and assessment for every child;
- an expert in curriculum design and pedagogy;
- experienced in the effective and efficient management of a school within available resources;
- skilled in coaching and mentoring and able to support others to achieve common goals;
- outward facing and finds avenues to work closely with other education leaders in the best interest of the pupils and the local community;
- engaging, approachable and able to involve all staff, governors, parents and pupils in achieving the best for Crest Infant and Nursery school.
For a short video tour of the school, created for prospective parents, please go to this link:
Pre-application, COVID-secure visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To book a school visit please contact Julie Lindfield, Office Manager on 01634 844127 or email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating an ‘expression of interest for the headship vacancy’.
Crest Infant & Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointment will be subject to the outcome of an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
If you would like to apply for this position, please complete the online application form.
It is important that you complete all sections of the application form and that you provide full information in each section. You are asked to tabulate your experience and include a supporting statement of no more than two A4 pages outlining the main points in your application. CV’s will not be accepted.
Referees must be able to comment authoritatively on your personal and professional competence and must include your current employers or their authorised representative.
Pre Application School Visits: 19th & 20th April 2021
Shortlisting: 22nd April 2021
Interviews: 27th and 28th April 2021