Internal Audit plays a vital role in supporting the management team to deliver the aims and values of Bracknell Forest Council which have such a positive impact on peoples lives. We are a part of the organisation’s governance framework which underpins all the Council’s activities.
This is the ideal destination for an ambitious senior auditor who wants to make a positive impact as part of a developing in-house service. We’re always looking for ways we can help the organisation do things better. This will be a team effort and your opinion, experience from other organisations and ideas for innovation will really count.
Because we are Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
We are a small, friendly team that has been delivering internal audit through an outsourced framework of external providers. We are now changing our strategic direction for internal audit to bring the function in- house and develop an innovative service which understands management’s assurance needs and supports management in risk-based improvement of the control environment and securing value for money. Recruitment of an experienced senior internal auditor is the first phase in the development of an in-house team that can deliver audits across the Council and schools.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Support the Head of Audit and Risk Management and Internal Audit Contract Manager in developing the new in-house internal audit service and innovative audit approaches with appropriate training available as required.
- Schedule and manage you own time within budget for the portfolio of reviews assigned to you.
- Develop and agree terms of reference for each assignment with management.
- Develop a test programme for each assignment. Undertake audit field work in accordance with PSIAS and the approved programme. Produce a clear set of supporting working papers documenting testing performed, supporting evidence, findings and conclusions.
- Produce a report/memo for each assignment setting out the outcome of the review and conclusions in accordance with definitions in the Bracknell Forest Council’s Internal Audit Charter and make recommendations for improvements. Agree the findings, conclusions and recommendations in each report with management.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Flexible and agile working opportunities including family friendly home working, flexi-time and carrying out audits remotely.
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days rising to 32 days with the option to sell 5 days or buy up to 10 additional annual leave days.
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- An inclusive and friendly working environment.
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- The opportunity to play a real part in how we develop an innovative internal audit service.
What we’re looking for…
An experienced and qualified senior auditor with local government experience, detailed working knowledge of internal audit best practice and PSIAS and good time management. The successful candidate will be proficient in analysing and assimilating information, have strong communication skills, be confident in engaging with senior managers and able to generate innovative ideas and practical solutions.
Interviews will be held on 28th April 2021
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Head of Audit and Risk Management
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.