Classroom Assistant Level HBC2
Scale Point 3-4
10.5 hours per week Monday – Wednesday
Temporary to support a pupil until 31/03/22, he/she leaves the School, no longer requires your support or the funding is reviewed, whichever is the sooner.
We are seeking to appoint a 1:1 Classroom Assistant to support a child in Key Stage 1 with their education. The pupil’s primary need is Cognition and Learning with Physical/Sensory (hearing impairment) as a secondary area of need. The child requires 1:1 support in order to allow them to achieve their potential within the curriculum. The ability to form a safe, secure and supportive relationship with the child whilst showing patience and understanding will be an essential requirement of the successful candidate in order to support the child’s understanding and processing of tasks and hearing impairment.
Working under the direction of the class teacher and SENDCO you will need to demonstrate a commitment to teamwork, have experience of working with children with processing needs and possess effective communication skills as you will be liaising closely with the parents and other professionals. The role may include the supervision and or support of other individuals/groups of children under the direction/ instruction of the class teacher.
Suitable candidates should be willing / able to:-
- Communicate effectively with the child/ren
- Work to develop positive relationships with children and staff
- Break learning into manageable tasks
- Give positive and constructive feedback to the child/ren
They will also:
- Have a genuine interest in inclusion and supporting the needs of children with additional needs
- Have a good understanding of supporting young learners to achieve their potential
- Show initiative and aim for excellence at all times
- Have a passion to make a difference, be a good communicator with a real ability to nurture, inspire and motivate pupils
Closing date for Applications: Sunday 18 April 2021
Shortlisting: Wednesday 21st April 2021
Date of Interviews: Wednesday 28th April 2021
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. This commitment is reflected in our recruitment processes. This post is subject to references and enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks. (DBS). Further information about DBS checks can be found at www.gov.uk/crb-criminal-records-bureau-check.
All shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a criminal history self-disclosure before attending their interview. All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of age, sex, race or disability.