We are building new places
You can build new futures
We are proud of our community. The care we give. The services we provide. The spaces we create. But we are always looking to do more. Which is why we give our people the time, support and resources they need not only to do their job well, but also to help define the way we do things more broadly. There will always be room for your ideas here. This is about taking ownership. And having the opportunity to learn, develop and progress.
Put simply, a career with us means having everything you need to build on your skills. To build better relationships. To build even better communities. This is your chance to make a lasting impact.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working here…
Bracknell Forest is a great place to live and work and we have high ambitions for the area. The current stage of redevelopment of our town centre is complete with future expansion already being planned within the town centre and beyond. This really is an exciting time to join and be a part of this dynamic and changing organisation.
This new role within our team will provide assistance to the Construction and Maintenance team and shape future standards of practise and reform within the Council.
Key to our success is our commitment to team working and ongoing development of our high performing, highly engaged workforce.
We will support you to…
- To maintain your continuous professional development
- To attend training courses to keep up to date with changes in construction legislation
- Yearly personal development and training plan
- To support in carrying out the professional building and building surveying work of the section, with reference to reactive and planned maintenance, including service contracts.
- Develop the skills and knowledge to be able to carry out simple site inspections and reporting on residential, commercial and education projects and reactive works. Ensuring that works quality, compliance to building regulations and other relevant legislations are adhered to.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We are seeking to appoint an organised, flexible and competent Assistant Building Surveyor who has proven skills and experience within the construction/surveying profession. The successful candidate will have experience in construction works. This role will require a team player, one who can work with supervision and to tight deadlines.
The interview will be held on the 29th April 2021
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion concerning the post please call Richard Payne on 01344 352275 firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.