We are seeking to appoint an experienced, caring and dedicated Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant to support children with a wide range of needs across the school. The children you would be supporting to learn have additional needs such as Autism Spectrum Condition, literacy difficulties or Attachment needs. You will be required to support learning in class, in small group interventions and/or on a one to one basis as necessary. You should be flexible, resourceful and willing to support the inclusive ethos of our school. This role also includes lunchtime support.
Paid weeks per year: 47.15 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: As soon as possible
About the role
The successful candidate will need:
- The ability to relate well to young children, with confidence and a calm manner in order to build good relationships
- Ability to establish and develop effective and supportive 1:1 relationships with children
- Experience in supporting children using programmes designed to encourage progress in reading, writing or maths
- Ability to work independently to deliver specific learning programmes with support and guidance both in school and from the Brighton and Hove Inclusion Support Service (BHISS)
- Ability and skills to encourage the pupils to interact and engage in activities led by class teachers
- Ability to support children in managing their social, emotional and mental health needs and presenting behaviours using strategies suggested by the BHISS team and the school
Please feel free to come and visit us. Contact the office team on 01273 418026 to arrange a suitable time.
St Nicolas CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 18th April
Interview date: Monday 26th April
Completed application forms accepted online via the 'Apply' button or by email/post direct to the school address:
Locks Hill, Portslade, BN41 2LA, email: email@example.com
School Office: (01273) 418026
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.