Salary: £18,000 p.a. pro rata 0.87 (actual salary £15,660 p.a. term time only)
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.15am-4.15pm, term time only (plus 10 days)
Start date: September 2021
Closing date: 18 April 2021
Westminster Academy is an Outstanding International Business and Enterprise academy serving a multi-ethnic community in Central London. The Academy has gained national recognition for its work to improve outcomes for students, and its aspirational and inclusive mission and ethos. Our longstanding 1:1 device programme allows WA to thrive as both an onsite and remote learning environment. As a member of the collaborative WA community you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the Academy whilst working alongside an exceptionally talented group of colleagues who are committed to continued professional growth and improvement of the student experience.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, passionate and highly motivated Librarian to provide outstanding support to the students at Westminster Academy. The role will manage, develop and promote our Library to ensure it is an integral and effective part of our education process, meeting the ethos of our Academy. You will be at the heart of the Academy and will be supporting staff, students and parents to ensure that our Library becomes a real hub of the school. The successful candidate will be responsible for the full range of library duties including managing resources, promoting reading to students, and liaising with teaching staff to ensure the Library contributes fully to the school’s academic life.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to develop and encourage a love for reading in our students
- Passionate about education and have the ability to pass this on to the students at the Academy
- Confident in working with young people
- A self starter, motivated to get students reading and ready to explore potential ways of achieving this
- Computer literate and able to adapt and learn new Library specific computer software packages
- Able to work under pressure
- An effective team player
What we offer:
- An excellent programme of continuing professional development
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with structured performance management, and opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility
- A commitment to staff well-being, including access to the local gym, weekly fitness sessions, staff social events, Perkbox membership with associated benefits
How to apply:
For further details and an application form, please click here: Vacancies
Please send your completed application form to: email@example.com CVs are not acceptable.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.