TEACHER OF SCIENCE (KS3-5, inc. IB courses) with possibility of second in charge of department
Salary: £30,863 to £50,935 dependent on experience
Start date: September 2021
Closing date: 25th April 2021
“Education is Success”
An opportunity to work in the only non-private Academy in London that offers both International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes at KS5
Westminster Academy is an Outstanding International Business and Enterprise academy serving a multi-ethnic community in Central London. The Academy has gained national recognition for its work to improve outcomes for students, and its aspirational and inclusive mission and ethos. Our longstanding 1:1 device programme allows WA to thrive as both an onsite and remote learning environment. As a member of the collaborative WA community you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the Academy whilst working alongside an exceptionally talented group of colleagues who are committed to continued professional growth and improvement of the student experience.
Our science department
Our science department has transformed student outcomes in recent years and created a “buzz” around science through the relentless energy of staff, its forward-thinking approach to data and the curriculum, and an outstanding extra-curricular provision that takes advantage of our London connections (inc. Imperial College and the Royal Society of Medicine).
Our science curriculum and pedagogy
Our KS3-5 science curriculum includes IB Diploma Programme (IBDP) science courses and Applied Science BTEC as part of the IB Careers-Related Programme (IBCP). We would welcome applications from experienced IB educators and those interested in acquiring such experience because they value disciplinary thinking, real-world problem solving, and student-centred pedagogy.
The ideal candidate will be:
- An excellent classroom teacher who is committed to the success of each individual student
- Experienced in teaching the relevant subject(s) with a relevant university degree
- Able to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to their own professional growth and development
- With respect to the possible second-in-charge departmental responsibility, the ideal candidate would:
- Have a passion for leading on the delivery of a challenging, well sequenced, and engaging science curriculum;
- Demonstrate deep understanding of pedagogy that is student-centred and innovative;
- Contribute to the continuous professional development of science teachers through effective coaching, mentoring and line management;
- Understand and lead on data-driven and research-based practice within the science team.
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package;
- Sign up incentives available for experienced IB educators
- An excellent programme of continuing professional development;
- Relevant training with the International Baccalaureate for teachers of Key Stage 5;
- A commitment to staff well being, including access to the local gym, weekly fitness sessions, staff social events, Perkbox membership with associated benefits.
How To Apply:
For further details and an application form, please click here: Vacancies
Please send your completed application form and confidential declaration to: firstname.lastname@example.org CVs are not accepted.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.